Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WEEK 15: Human Racing in Austin!

So I spent Labor Day weekend doing a little bit of wedding stuff in Austin. Some good friends threw me a wedding shower, and my wonderful new mother-in-law Sara flew in town for it. We had a really great time, and I had the opportunity to run in the Nike Human Race in Austin. The Human Race took place in 25 cities all over the world, with over 750,000 runners participating. In Austin alone there were close to 14,000 runners participating. It was a great race, just REALLY hot. We ran a 10k (6.2 miles) at 6:30 PM and it was over 90 degrees. Tough conditions, but I did it! I ran it in less time than I thought it would take me, too. I walked a bit more than I thought I would on the first half (mostly up hill,) but I stuck with it and finished! I also felt like a pro doing the water toss- it was so hot that I poured more water on myself than I drank, but it helped quite a bit!

Here are some race photos:

The crowd at the start of the race:



















Sara, Me, Mom, Dad














Me near the end of the run:














Austin's own Lance Armstrong:

No comments: