Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 19: 21 miles? PIECE OF CAKE!!!

Who ever would have thought I'd say something like that? Much less, who would ever have thought that I would actually feel like that? We ran 21 miles today, and and it wasn't so bad! I actually would say that it felt pretty good! Particularly miles 13-17. For the first time in my life, I kind of get what people mean when they talk about the runner's high. I felt like I could have gone on and on at that point- I was running fast and feeling really, really good! I felt pretty good the whole time- my legs got pretty heavy the last couple miles, but I could have gone another 5 miles one way or another to get the marathon done.

So I feel great- I KNOW I can do the marathon! Who'd have thought 6 months ago that I would ever be here right now, but it feels really good to be here. We "taper" the next 2 weeks- we only go 12 miles next weekend and then 8 the week after that, and I'll probably only do 3 miles or so 2-3 times during the week over the next two weeks as well, so I'll be plenty rested for the Marathon!

In other great news- Pat gets home VERY soon barring an act of God or Robert Gates. I've got a very exciting next 3 weeks!

No comments: