So I've completed what many people say is the hardest part- the getting started! We had our first run this morning at 7:30 AM- let me just tell you- I think the last time I was awake at 7:30 AM was, well... I'm going to have to think about that and get back to you.
When I first got there, we spent the first 30 minutes kind of milling around- meeting people and picking up our work out jersey. All in all, there were probably 100+ folks there- I'm terrible at estimating crowds so it could be more than that, I'm not sure. There were at least 100, though. After the 30 minutes of milling around, we stretched and they did introductions of all the coaches and mentors. Then they split us into beginners, intermediate and advanced groups. I went with the intermediate, and I held my own pretty well- I think I ran a little too fast at first because i was running with a girl who was somewhat speedy, but I kept up OK. The beginner group did 3 minutes of running with 2 minutes of walking for 30 minutes, my group did 5 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking for 30 minutes, and the advanced group ran continuously for 40 minutes. Then we did some more stretching and that was it! Not a bad first effort- I'm jazzed and I definitely was not the slowest person there, which I was happy to see. Not that it is about being the fastest, but I didn't want to be holding folks up.
So there you go! Week 1, down, just about 19ish to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Amy and welcome to the blogging world! I am so excited for you and this marathan journey. You will be so proud of what your body and mind can accomplish with a little dedication. I only wish I could train with you. Maybe post baby, I'll get back in the running game!
Post a Comment