All the cool kids seem to be doing it, so I thought why not give it a try?
My main motivation actually came from the fact that I've decided to train for a marathon, and I thought some folks might like to keep up with my progress. I know, I know, anyone reading this who knows me is probably thinking- SHE is going to run a marathon? Trust me, I'm thinking the same thing about half the time. But about 9 months ago, I thought I'd never be able to run a 5k, and after training for about 8 weeks, I did that. So I figured, let's set the bar a little higher. I'm not one do to things halfway, so I'm pulling out the big guns and setting my sights on 26.2. I'd originally planned on a 1/2 marathon, but I decided I'd need to train with people either for either distance, and picked Team In Training (TNT) who raises money for Leukemia and Lymphoma. At the first informational, they were so encouraging and so many of those folks had run the whole enchilada, that I thought Heck- I can do that. So I'm going to aim for the marathon. If I start my training and realize I'm crazy, I may downsize to the 1/2, but I figure I should at least shoot for the stars to start out with. I really think I can do it though- It's more mental than anything else, and I think if I do the training right, I can do it. I'm not going to run it for time- I just want to be able to cross the finish line and say that I've done it.
My first training run with TNT is this Sunday- I'll blog about how that goes once it is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment